Monday, November 05, 2012

Christmas Card Hop

Welcome to our first of 2 Blog Hops happening this month. In this Hop you will find that each consultant has created 3 Christmas Cards using non-Christmas paper! They were given the challenge to create these 3 cards using either cardstock or another paper packet of their choice.  I decided to use the Avonlea Paper Packet for my Christmas Cards.



If you have just hopped onto my blog, you can start here as this is a circular hop, but if you want to follow us across Canada then please start at the beginning and join "Deanne" in NewFoundland at Deanne Stamps. If you came from "Arlene" of Arlene's Creative Space (the person before you in the lineup) then you are in the right place!

Here are my three cards.  I had alot of fun creating these.



Here is a list of the products I used to create these cards:

Here is a closeup of the cards individually:

This one I stamped in Cranberry Ink.  I used the circle punch and punched 3 circles on a 4 x 5  inch piece of paper.  I just made sure they were evenly punched.  I stamped the 4 stamps on paper and then hole punched around the stamped area.  I glued those 3 on the base card.  I used foam adhesive for the 4 x 5 inch piece after tying the hemp around it.  I used the foam adhesive to put the `warmest wishes`on the card.  I inked around the card base in cranberry ink.


I stamped this one in Ruby Ink.  I just made sure that when I cut the various pieces of paper that it equaled the width of the card base.  I used the sparkles to accent some of the snowflakes.

In this last one, I used Ruby ink, again.  The first piece of paper attached to the card base is 3 1/2 in width.  The second piece is 3 inches.  I tied the hemp around both.  I used foam adhesive for the Dec. 25th stamp and I used had fun stamping the snowflakes wherever I wanted.  I inked around the edges to complete the card.


   
I`m all done.  Hope you enjoyed my cards.  Feedback is always welcome.  Your next stop on the Cross Canada Hop is "Carrie" of Scrappin with Carrie.

Here is a complete list of the blog hop in case you get lost along the way:



Thanks for hopping along with us - we hope we were able to inspire you to create your own Christmas cards using some of the designs and paper seen along the way. Join us again on November 15th when we showcase our versions of Advent Calendars.

5 comments:

  1. Great cards, love the ruby ink against the green paper it really pops

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute cards! The Ruby ink looks great with Avonlea :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The red REALLY pops on these cards and I LOVE it! Great cards Joanne!

    ReplyDelete